Blind


Every day I carry with me the beauty that is motherhood
The chance to grow new life
The opportunity to start new families
To bring warmth, joy, and comfort to the hearts of two families


Yet I prance around utterly blind to the fact that I am not ready
That a child could be born into struggle and deep heartache
That I could run into potential fatality 
Taking away my ability to ever bear children
That I might damage my uterus cells so badly that it would be suicide
For a baby to enter the world through that corridor

That the weight of an unborn child

Could be too heavy for my fragile youthful bones to gestate
That I would be faced with the life altering duty
Of providing a child with a better life
Or worse still
I could change the course of nature by denying human life...
Erasing the beauty that was once entrusted to me

~Because I worry for our Young Women & Teenage Girls 
Image courtesy of Tanya Mai Naila

Comments

Popular Posts