BFF


To my best friend
I thank you for making me a better person
For holding me true to my own standards
Keeping me focused on what I believe in
Opening my eyes to new perspectives, new dreams, new visions
Thanks for listening to my whining, bitching and celebrating
Advising me where you knew how
Hugging me, holding me when I needed a touch of soul
Crying with me, watching me cry, and not judging me
Understanding me even when I made no sense even to myself
Thank you for sticking it out with me
From the humble beginnings in our mundane school uniforms
To the nights in Santa Barbara, shopping for BCBG
And all the way back to where it all began
Thank you for the trust you have in me
The honour and respect you give
Showing me the road to a grounded and successful life
Giving me no doubt in my mind that you'll always be here no matter how far apart we may be
How different our journeys may become
Our focus remains the same
To better ourselves so we can empower others
Remember that I am routing for you always 
Looking forward to celebrating on our yatchs in Milan, Paris, New York
Most importantly down home south of the Motherland
I carry your strength with me everywhere I go
I light up when I hear of your progress
I had to take a moment to reflect and appreciate you
No matter how far we may be I can always count on picking up right where we left off
Comforting, laughing, growing, loving one another
How very special you are
My dearest best friend

~At the heart of who I am, I have amazing people in my life

Comments

Popular Posts