I Am Woman

It is the only explanation
He is, the king to my queen
His ability to walk through the shattered glass that often surrounds me,
Bare foot
No holds barred
Straight toward me, and reach me with a smile on his face
As if nothing ever happened along his journey.

Here is a man who appreciates me for all of who I am. 
The African woman I am, and all that I bring, family, culture, religion, music, food. 
The daughter of a mother and father who have opposing life views, views that created balance, drive and energy in the woman that she became.
A man who understands what it means to be a black African and the demands and expectations placed upon us.
A man who takes my dance leaps in just one stride, the light within my soul shines through all the drama and chaos.

Here is a man who ignites my inner fire.
A man who can handle all that burns in my innermost being, in my deepest of thoughts, in my most spiritual realm.
He carries my passion, my anger, my fears, my dreams, my tears on his back.
A man who handles the forces that surround me.

I feel!
I feel, normal again. I feel the warm sunshine rays on my face and they shine as bright as they did when I was eight.
I feel like a woman, complete in and of herself. 
Complexities, challenges, shortcomings, he embraces it all.
I feel beautiful. loved. understood.
Like a true queen. I am superwoman because he told me I am.
That's it...

He makes me believe, feel, understand, appreciate,
That I,
I am Woman.

Comments

Popular Posts