Just to say Thank You


This is not a normal thank you letter
Not a disingenuous mumbling of words to get the recipient off my back
Not a ploy to clear my so-called guilty conscience
This is to thank those who shaped me into who I am today
Led me to the space I find myself in today
Standing tall, strong and confident
Beside the man who is nothing short of the king to my level of queen
Commanding an office that many walked away from for fears I cannot begin to accept nor acknowledge as I carve my own path forward
Led by the Spirit, guided by a lamp at my feet
It is by no means perfect
Nor is it easy
But I am forever grateful for my journey thus far
And hopeful for the path ahead
In my full armour, prepped for what is truly meant for me
But I digress
I came to say thank you
To the ones who doubted me
The friends who abandoned me
The coaches who wrote me off
The cool kids who laughed at my goofiness
The ones who took my kindness for granted
The once confidant, who abused my trust
To the ones who made me better through their negative words
The ones who continue to wish me harm
Those who laughed at me
Those who spoke behind my back
To the ones who compare me to terrible people, equate me to those in power who tried to break me, associate me with failures
The very ones who still hope to see me fail
Who spread lies about my life
Without so much as asking me how I FEEL
Because they are so much better than all of us, they are pure and clean, true disciples of the modern era
To those who seek to knock me off balance
The road is tough enough
I don’t need your pity, your scoffing, your judgment
I don’t need your envy, your greed, your lust
I just
I wish you happiness
I want you to be so happy that you have no time to look at my life through your fancy microscopes
The men and women with evil intentions
With negative thoughts and unfounded “declarations” of who I REALLY am
Unmerited accusations and assumptions
They called me fake and ratchet
They gathered others in misery, out of their own boredom to whisper about “that girl”
Thank you, deeply
For forcing me to dig deep within myself
To hide myself under His wings and seek to find who I truly am
If you hadn’t side-lined me, I would not have taken a second look in the mirror
I would’ve been happy in a simple life, not passionately chasing my purpose
But I thank you, every single one of you
‘Cause without you I would have accepted the easy, polite road
I would have walked around thinking I was surrounded by love,
I thank you for showing me what a ravenous wolf dressed in sheep’s clothing truly looks like
I would have allowed myself to maintain the status quo
But your words, actions, deeds and thoughts forced me to change
To learn to roll with the punches
In my dynamic strides to success
I just have to thank you for putting a smile on my face
You give me chutzpah, you light up my inner fire
Your actions force me to change, to fight for myself
Force me to become hungrier, force me to
Well, to be… me

Comments

  1. And a great woman you are indeed... A warrior, a fearfully and wonderfully created woman of the most high. A beautiful piece, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts